Saturday, September 5, 2020

Pleasing People


Gal 1:10  Now do you think I am trying to make people accept me? No, God is the one I am trying to please. Am I trying to please people? If I wanted to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. 

Whether we please people or not when sharing the Bible depends on whether or not we speak the truth in an understandable way. If we are excited about something, we tend to make others interested or at least curious about why we are excited. If I share that Jesus came from heaven to save us from satan's power and to give us eternal life, I speak the truth and what good news that is. If we want to tickle ears and be popular telling people what they want to hear, then we may be speaking another truth, another gospel, which is not the truth. If we love God and humans too, we need to be honest and transparent. If by doing this we make friends and perhaps share a cup of coffee, then that is a good thing; we all want to be liked. If people are forgiven their sins, then we please God too.

Luke 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. 


No comments: