Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Interpreter of Dreams


I believe that God uses dreams to speak to people. Two prominent people in the Bible were given the meaning of dreams by the revelation of God. The first was Daniel who told King Nebuchadnezzar the dream that he could not remember and the interpretation.

Dan 2:26  The king asked Daniel (Belteshazzar) a question. He said, "Are you able to tell me about my dream, and what it means?" 
Dan 2:27  Daniel answered, "King Nebuchadnezzar, no wise man, no man who does magic, and no Chaldean could tell the king the secret things he has asked about. 
Dan 2:28  But there is a God in heaven who tells secret things. God has given King Nebuchadnezzar dreams to show him what will happen later. This was your dream, and this is what you saw while lying on your bed: 

Dan 2:31  "King, in your dream you saw a large statue in front of you that was very large and shiny. It was very impressive. 

You can read more in the Bible about this. The second man who was given the meaning of dreams was Joseph in Egypt. This time the Pharaoh remembered the dream, but could not interpret it.

Gen 41:15  Pharaoh said to Joseph, "I had a dream, and no one can explain it for me. I heard that you can explain dreams when someone tells you about them." 
Gen 41:16  Joseph answered, "I cannot! But God can explain the dream for you, Pharaoh." 

Joseph being wise and used of God was promoted to second in command in Egypt and saved the land from a coming famine.

There were other people who were warned of things in a dream. Joseph had a dream to take Mary and baby Jesus to Egypt to escape the wrath of King Herod. The wise men were told in a dream to depart from Bethlehem another way, because of King Herod. God eventually had an angel kill the arrogant king Herod.

Act 12:22  The people shouted, "This is the voice of a god, not a man!" 
Act 12:23  Herod did not give the glory to God. So an angel of the Lord caused him to get sick. He was eaten by worms inside him, and he died. 

The Lord or his angel spoke to me in a dream as I lay  weakened in a hospital room. "If you do not drink water you will die"  Strength immediately came to me and I set up in bed and drank a glass of water. Before this I was without strength. This touch from God changed my life. I began to tell everyone I saw that God is able to help them, only believe. Let us give God all the glory.


No comments: