Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The LORD will deliver

 Moses and Aaron met with the Egyptian Pharaoh and asked that the Hebrews be allowed to go into the wilderness and make sacrifices to their God. The Pharaoh responded "Who is this God". The people are idle and lazy wanting to cease work; so they will work harder getting their own straw for the bricks they are required to make. They will make their required number of bricks and they also must get their own straw. This made the people cry out more and to blame Moses and Aaron. Moses was questioning the LORD, because they did what they were told to do, but the king resisted them and the people cried.
 
Exo 6:1  Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.
Exo 6:2  And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
Exo 6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
Exo 6:4  And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
Exo 6:5  And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
Exo 6:6  Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:
 
When we were first saved everything was wonderful and new to us, but when we shared with family and friends, they often did not respond to our words. Soon we were back to work and sometimes it seemed like things were getting worse. This is the trying of our faith. The Hebrews were crying and complaining and even Moses and Aaron had doubts. They were to wait on the LORD and to trust him. Keep going through your problems, but trust the LORD to bring you through. The devil will resist the move of God, but he has no power against the LORD our God.
 
Isa 60:1  Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
Isa 60:2  For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
Isa 60:3  And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

When troubles come we are to resist the negative words and to do our work while trusting  in our LORD who will deliver us. Trust the LORD to keep his promises and remember darkness gives way to the light.
 

No comments: