Monday, October 19, 2015

I AM

  
The Lord Jesus Christ became a man and he is also God, born of a virgin. He was God the son from the beginning of Creation. He is the Word of God.
 
John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
 
He also was seen in the old testament as the Angel of the LORD. Being spirit, He spoke from a flame of fire.

Exo 3:2  And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
 
Fire has no affect on the Angel or the Son of God. He was seen later with three Hebrew young men who were thrown into a raging fiery furnace. His presence kept them from the affects of the fire.
 
Dan 3:23  And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
Dan 3:24  Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
Dan 3:25  He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Angels sometimes showed themselves as men. When three men came to Abraham and Sarah, the LORD  spoke of a promised son in their old age.
 
Gen 18:1  And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
Gen 18:2  And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

The LORD went away and two angel went on to remove Lot from Sodom and Gomorrha.
 
Gen 18:33  And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
 
Gen 19:1  And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;


Moses speaks to the "I AM" in the burning bush.

Exo 3:13  And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
Exo 3:15  And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

The angel in the burning bush spoke as the LORD, the I AM. Jesus took that title as well. He spoke of existing before Abraham.
 
Joh 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Joh 8:57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
 
God is spirit manifested to us in three persons: God the Father, being our Father we are become the sons of God under his covenant.  Jesus is God the Son; through him we are saved from our sins. His human form accomplished the shedding of blood required to take away our sin guilt. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God that is our comforter, our teacher and our spiritual connecting to God. Being born again in the spirit we are with Jesus in the spirit and we will be with him in glory forever. I am a child of God by the will of the Father, by the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God and his Spirit dwells in me, and forever I am with God. Are you a child of God through faith in Jesus? Say "I am".


No comments: