Saturday, May 17, 2014

Take anger to prayer


Some things come our way that bring anger and anger brings vengeance which is not for us to do. Cain was angry and from anger he killed his brother.

Gen 4:6  And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
Gen 4:7  If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

 Anger can bring confusion which is a step away from God. Anger is a spirit that can be controlled.

1Co 14:32  And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Ecc 7:9  Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. 

Eph 4:26  Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 
Eph 4:27  Neither give place to the devil. 

This is the danger of anger; to give place to the devil, to make a place for him to make a stronghold. Give your anger to God in prayer. Tell him why you are angry and pray for the one who you may be angry with. 

When I took my car in to have the air conditioner switching fixed. It was supposed to be a few hours at a fair price. After waiting all day I called the mechanic and he said he had other business to do. By the forth day I was getting angry. The mechanic said it was supposed to be an easy fix according to the computer, but the computer was wrong. The dash and controls were all in the back seat and he still was unable to get to the part that needed changing. Frustration, confusion, anger, all shared. I needed the car in three days for a 60 mile trip to judge the photography at a fair. I had to have the car Friday, fixed or not, I needed the car. More prayers for the mechanic to be able to get the car put together again. Friday afternoon at the garage I saw that my car had been moved . I went to the mechanic and he said "It is fixed". Praise God for that. I know that he put in hours and hours of labor. If he charged me by all  the hours it could be over a thousand dollars. I was going to ask how much? but he had another customer. When the customer left he said that he had spent six hours on the car. At seventy dollars an hour that would be four hundred twenty dollars in labor and 86 dollars for the part. He only charged me for two hours. I offered to pay four hundred, but he insisted that it was only two hundred and forty nine dollars. The young man has to be a Christian, for there are very few mechanics that would do that. It is always best to take anger and frustration to God. He fixes things for us. The young mechanic kept trying until he had finished the job. We too are to keep going and finish the race.

Jas 5:8  Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. 

No comments: