Thursday, May 1, 2014

Our Fruit


What does it mean for us to bear fruit? There is the fruit of our thoughts and our actions, our way of life. Lets see what the Bible has to say. I have selected verses to help us understand about our fruit.

Fruit of the Lips
 
Isa 57:19  I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
Isa 57:20  But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
Isa 57:21  There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

In Christ

Heb 13:15  By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Heb 13:16  But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
 
Thoughts
 
Jer 6:19  Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
Jer 17:10  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

The fruit of abiding in the vine; connection and prayer.
 
John 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
 
John 15:8  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

John 15:16  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
 
The fruit of the Spirit

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26  Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
 
Fruit of Righteousness in Christ Jesus


Jas 3:18  And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

The fruit of the ungodly will perish. In Jesus our fruit is righteous if we stay connected to him, the Vine, and our prayers will be answered. When we walk in the Spirit, we have the fruit of the Spirit. Beware of wicked imaginations, from too much "youtube"? panic, or news that causes you to lose hope. Stay connected to Jesus, the Word of God and praise him, pray to the Father, obey him and in this way you will have lasting fruit. 

No comments: