Thursday, May 22, 2014

Keeping in touch


This cookie made with margarine fell short of my quality control. It looks sad, but I just can't share something that is not the best. I made a new batch today of chocolate chip cookies using shortening. They were up to my standards...So I ate them. Maybe next time you will be able to have some too?

Psa 36:7  How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. 


They need fishing poles for free fishing day in July, so I cut the ends off of some of the bamboo behind my building. There is about thirty feet of bamboo behind my business. I tied a string with hook and a float to try out at the park pond fishing dock. I caught several bluegill, what fun. It is also a good way to meet new people.

Mat 17:27  ... go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee. 

This paid their taxes


I checked out another pond near the center of our town and found these goslings. They grow fast,these were the first I saw. I just love finding these treasures of God. It is so much more positive then the news of a wayward nation. We are to find the things that are good as in Phil 4:8

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 


Clouds sometimes have faces. The face of God in a cloud? The presence of the LORD was in the clouds that led Israel out of Egypt.

Exo 13:21  And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: 
Exo 13:22  He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people. 


No comments: