Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Supernatural


A wise teacher spoke saying, the supernatural happens in natural ways. I think of something that happened recently in our church during a worship service. A young man raised both arms in praise, he looked just like so many others with arms lifted in praise. The difference is that his arm and shoulder had been injured. He was undergoing therapy and the doctors had told him that it would be impossible to raise that arm high because of the damage that was done. A miracle happened but it just looked like a natural thing. 

We think of great miracles in the Bible like Elijah speaking to God and fire came down taking the sacrifice, and lapping up the water and even the stones.

1Ki 18:37  Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. 
1Ki 18:38  Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. 

1Ki 18:39  And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God. 

Some of us may have encountered an angel that made a difference in our life. Was it an angel that spoke to me in a dream when I was laying motionless in a hospital bed? My response was supernatural, being given new strength and power to witness. A friend was in a hospital not expected to live. I was asked to pray for him, I did and the Lord allowed him to recover and he lived two more years. When I had cancer with five recurrences, they tried every treatment but it did not go away. I was told to go home and not think about the cancer. I was a skeleton, but I kept busy and the Lord had mercy, healing me completely. This was in 1960. I forgot about the cancer, I wanted to live, the Lord knew this and I was given life. The goodness of the Lord is his supernatural blessings on those who trust in him. I do not think we need to make noise, shout, like the prophets of Baal, even cutting themselves with no help from their false god, Baal. Our God is real and true. His Spirit is in us and his angels minister to us. These are supernatural, the living presence of our LORD. We may ask anything in his name and he will respond.


No comments: