Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Near the ponds


Sometimes the simple things have beauty. The broken reeds remind me of ships masts. They also illustrate the verses in Isaiah speaking of our gentle Savior.

Isa 42:1  Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 
Isa 42:2  He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 
Isa 42:3  A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 


Perspective is important, how we look at things. This scene of pond reflections, turned, becomes a hairy face; perhaps Bigfoot or some hairy man or an idol?

2Ki 1:6  And they said unto him, There came a man up to meet us, and said unto us, Go, turn again unto the king that sent you, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Is it not because there is not a God in Israel, that thou sendest to enquire of Baalzebub the god of Ekron? therefore thou shalt not come down from that bed on which thou art gone up, but shalt surely die. 
2Ki 1:7  And he said unto them, What manner of man was he which came up to meet you, and told you these words? 
2Ki 1:8  And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite. 


A large water turtle was in another pond. Usually they fall back in the water when I approach, not wanting company. They are not very hospitable. I suppose sometimes we are like the turtle, but I do like to be a good host. My mother always greeted us with coffee and cake, cookies or pie. 

1Pe 4:7  But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. 
1Pe 4:8  And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. 
1Pe 4:9  Use hospitality one to another without grudging. 


Someone placed this domestic duck in the second pond where no other ducks were. He looked like the phantom of the opera, with the mask and the black feathers. He is a Muscovy duck. Will he learn to eat the pond moss? He came towards me hoping that I had bread, no I had come for a walk with no bread. Some birds are dependant.

Pro 30:8  Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: 
Pro 30:9  Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain. 


An osprey landed in a tree near me by the pond. Eyes like an eagle he can spot a fish and swoop down and pick it out of the water. These are also called "fish hawks". I have seen them in flight carrying fish as long as they are. They are related to the eagles.


His powerful wings lift him up.

Isa 40:31  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. 


No comments: