Saturday, March 8, 2014

Suppertime



Our senior group gathering in church always sings following the pot luck supper. One of the hymns we sang was sung by my friend Bob when he was with us at the rest home services. He is being treated for cancer and with our prayers he will return with his deep voice and guitar to sing this song.


Revelation 19:9 
"And he saith unto me, Write, 
Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb...: 



SUPPERTIME 
Words & Music by Ira Stanphill 

When I was just a boy in days of childhood, 
I used to play till evening shadows come. 
Then winding down an old familiar pathway, 
I heard my mother call at set of sun: 

Chorus 
Come home, come home, 
It's supper time, 
The shadows lengthen fast. 
Come home, come home, 
It's supper time, 
We're going home at last. 

One day beside her bedside I was kneeling, 
And angel wings were winnowing the air. 
She heard the call for supper time in heaven, 
And I know she's waiting for me there. 

Chorus 

In visions now I see her standing yonder, 
And her familiar voice I hear once more. 
The banquet table's ready up in heaven, 
It's supper time upon the golden shore. 

Chorus

Here is Johnny Cash singing Suppertime:



No comments: