Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sick but not forgotten


I had stomach flu all night and all day. I missed out on my son's 25th "silver" anniversary. The best place for me was to rest in bed and I so appreciate my family who cared for me. It makes this miserable time more bearable.

2Co 1:3  Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 
2Co 1:4  Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 

God comforts us. The Holy Spirit is the Comforter and Jesus had suffered more than any man, taking our sins to the cross.

There will be no more sickness in heaven.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 

Let us do good to those who are afflicted sharing the comfort we receive from God. Thank you LORD for your healing touch.

No comments: