Friday, November 29, 2013

After Thanksgiving

The day after Thanksgiving in the past was a day of work at my photography studio. I became the stuffed turkey, dressing up to create family portraits. My portrait room was not as large as it needed to be for large family groups, so I had to find ways of grouping the families to fit into the space. Using a film camera, it all had to fit perfectly. Skill was required to relax the families, compose them, not taking too long because the children squirm or the baby starts crying. I trusted the LORD to help me in my business and he never failed me in the 36 years I was in business. In the latter years digital photography helped me to expand the wall space by adding more background later, but that was kind of like cheating. Digital photography changed the value of photographs. Everyone has them now and people do not want as many prints because they share them on their phones and computers. I am retired now and the day after Thanksgiving has become a day of rest and reflection. A time to work around the house, raking leaves. Still work to do but at my own pace.
Following the lovely Thanksgiving buffet with the people at our church, my wife and I went for a drive. It had been a long time since we had driven to Jones Valley and visited Shasta Lake. When we arrived the lake was gone! It had receded due to a low rainfall season. Rain is needed to fill the lake that was formed by building Shasta Dam.
We kept driving on the road above the lake until we found another low water boat dock where the houseboats were still floating. It reminded me of Noah and the ark that finally came to rest on dry land. Rain will come again because the LORD is faithful, he keeps us afloat. Thank you LORD.

Lam 3:22  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 
Lam 3:23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 
Lam 3:24  The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. 
Lam 3:25  The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. 
Lam 3:26  It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. 
Lam 3:27  It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth. 
Lam 3:28  He sitteth alone and keepeth silence, because he hath borne it upon him. 
Lam 3:29  He putteth his mouth in the dust; if so be there may be hope. 
Lam 3:30  He giveth his cheek to him that smiteth him: he is filled full with reproach. 
Lam 3:31  For the Lord will not cast off for ever: 
Lam 3:32  But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies. 

No comments: