Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Witnesses of truth



It seems that in the world there is much sin and darkness. Instead of finding truth we hear more lies and the blaming of someone else. There is no truth and righteousness. Jesus came to bring the light of truth and righteousness. The leaders denied him then and they deny him now, but those who receive his truth are made the children of light and the adopted sons of God. We need the true light of the world.

John 8:12 Jesus said to the people, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."
13 The Pharisees replied, "You are making false claims about yourself!"
14 Jesus told them, "These claims are valid even though I make them about myself. For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don't know this about me.
15 You judge me with all your human limitations, but I am not judging anyone.
16 And if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone -- I have with me the Father who sent me.
17 Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact.
18 I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other."
19 "Where is your father?" they asked. Jesus answered, "Since you don't know who I am, you don't know who my Father is. If you knew me, then you would know my Father, too."
20 Jesus made these statements while he was teaching in the section of the Temple known as the Treasury. But he was not arrested, because his time had not yet come.

Jesus knew who he was and he knew that he was the light and truth for all to follow. He came from his Father in heaven to show us the way of life in a sin darkened world.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Two witnesses were required by the law to confirm a truth. Jesus spoke that he spoke the truth and the Father in heaven is the second witness. They did not see the other witness, the Holy Spirit that was with Jesus. The Spirit witnesses the truth of Jesus and the Father, almighty God. The Holy Spirit's witness is true, although the Spirit does not speak of himself, he is one with God the Father and Jesus his son.

1Jn 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
1Jn 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1Jn 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

We are to be witnesses also of the three witnesses of truth. God has revealed himself in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, the three are one God. We are to be one in spirit with God through faith in Jesus Christ. His blood paid for our sins, the water of his word cleanses our minds and the Spirit makes us alive in him; we receive eternal life with God. Now we are to witness to others the way of life. Jesus is the light of the world, follow him. 

No comments: