Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tears shed for Jesus?


I remember when I was in the hospital about to go to the operating table for cancer surgery. I was surrounded by family who loved me. I  felt their love and support and it gave me peace. What of those who have no one to shed a tear for them? Jesus experienced this himself as he suffered on the cruel cross. He was always from eternity with God; he is God the Son, full power and authority. the Lord of Hosts and now he was to humble himself to be a man. He had no sin, and he did not deserve to be the one who all of our sins would be heaped upon, but the love of the Father and love for us brought him for this purpose (Phil 2:4-11)

Psa 22:1  To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
Psa 22:2  O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.


He experienced pain, rejection, mockings and worst of all, his father in heaven turned from him. He was stripped naked and stripped of all that he was in that brief time on the cross. He took the punishment for our sins and sin separates us from God. Jesus cried when others mourned for Lazarus, but he died alone and almost no one seemed to mourn for him. He had already shed many tears agonizing in prayer at  the Garden of Gethsemane, while his disciples slept.The Mary's were faithful to him in the end and there was faithful John, in the midst of a jeering crowd. Your tears for the lost are as tears for Jesus. He cares about the lost and so should we. Think of all the people that you know who have not received the forgiveness of sins, that was paid for on that cross. they may be all alone.

Psa 22:3  But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
Psa 22:4  Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.


When we feel separated and alone, then we should praise God; sing praises, for he inhabits the praises of his people. Pray and praise to him. Think now how Jesus was stripped of all that he was on that cross. We are to put aside our old self and put on the new self in Jesus Christ. We are to be resurrected with Jesus in his fulness. We are to become spiritual people, the children of the most High God. His love for us gave us a new eternal life. No need to shed tears for Jesus now. He is our eternal Lord and savior and we love Jesus are to be the bride of Christ for intimate fellowship. Thank you Jesus for taking and making. You took my sins to the cross and by faith you have made me a son of God. Praise your holy name.

No comments: