Monday, October 25, 2021

The Gospel of Eternal Life


The Jewish people have prophecies of a coming king who will establish an everlasting kingdom. This is the gospel, the good news, of the kingdom. There is another gospel for the Jews and everyone else; it is the gospel of eternal life through faith in the Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul explains this gospel, that is our good news if we believe and receive this message.


1Co 15:1  Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 

1Co 15:2  and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 

1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 

1Co 15:4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 

1Co 15:5  and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 

1Co 15:6  Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 

1Co 15:7  Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 

1Co 15:8  Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. 

1Co 15:9  For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 

1Co 15:10  But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. 

1Co 15:11  Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. 


Believe that Jesus came by the will of God his Father, to earth fulfilling the prophecies in the Bible. He came to die as payment for all the sins of mankind. Through Adam all have the sin nature, but through Jesus, who had no sin, whosoever believes in him will be saved from sins punishment. By trusting in Jesus he gives us power to become the children of God, living forever in the kingdom of God. We must trust in Jesus who died for us and is risen to eternal life. Trust in him to receive everlasting life. Ask him now to forgive your sins, turn from sin and follow Jesus through reading the Bible and by prayer.  He will work in you to do his good will. There is no fear in Jesus. He has done all there is to do to be saved, only believe.


The King Is Coming

No comments: