Tuesday, October 19, 2021

A More Abundant Life


John 10:9  I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. 

John 10:10  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. 

John 10:11  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 

John 10:12  He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 

John 10:13  He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. 

John 10:14  I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 

John 10:15  just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 


Jesus is the door that we enter to be saved. The thief is the devil that desires to steal, kill and destroy us.  Jesus came to bring to us life more abundant.  When I was in the hospital, I was weak, having no strength to even drink water.  In a dream he said to me, if you do not drink water you will die. Immediately, I set up and drank a glass of water. He touched me and gave me new life, both physically and spiritually. I knew he was my salvation.

He made me more alive, the King James Bible says he quickens our mortal bodies. He gives abundant life to us.


Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 


Jesus offers living water to us.


John 4:10  Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.” 


One way the devil comes to destroy us is by lying. If we believe his lies we listen to the wrong voices.  I thank God for his word and his Spirit to be able to discern the voices. We must learn the voice of our Saviour who gives to us abundant life. A good friend brings life to us. Our enemies are the world system, our flesh nature and the devil. God wants to encourage us to have a more abundant life and to share this new life with others. The way to God is through His Son. Jesus is the door to a new abundant life. Repent of your sins and allow him to be your master and your friend.


What A Friend We Have In Jesus



No comments: