Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Bodily Exercise


I enjoy going to Seniors exercise class twice a week and playing chair volleyball. When I was a young man I tried to build strength in my body by lifting weights. Cancer came and surgery removed some muscles. I began to lift weights again and then cancer would recur. Surgery, Chemo , radiation. I would be weakened again. Every time I tried to build up my body, another bout in the hospital would reduce me to weakness. Okay, I understand that bodily training or exercise has little lasting value, I should be living a godly life, serving my Lord.



1Ti 4:8  for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. 

1Ti 4:9  Here is a true statement that should be accepted without question: 

1Ti 4:10  We hope in the living God, the Savior of all people. In particular, he is the Savior of all those who believe in him. This is why we work and struggle. 

1Ti 4:11  Command and teach these things. 

1Ti 4:12  You are young, but don't let anyone treat you as if you are not important. Be an example to show the believers how they should live. Show them by what you say, by the way you live, by your love, by your faith, and by your pure life. 

1Ti 4:13  Continue to read the Scriptures to the people, encourage them, and teach them. Do this until I come. 


We are to trust God and seek him through Jesus for eternal life and life more fulfilling here and now.  We need to focus on the word of God and our obedience so that others might have hope in him too.


The Solid Rock




No comments: