Sunday, May 3, 2020

How is that ?


Rom 3:23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 

I'm a good person. I know I am better than some people, we may think.  My truth and then there is your truth?  These are our values? Wait a minute, what does God say?  The Bible says that sin keeps us from our creator. There is good and there is bad, because God has given us his standard, such as the ten commandments, they show us that we sin, we miss the mark of God's holy character. There is no sin with God. What are we to do then?

Rom 3:24  and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

By the grace of God we are justified, to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be. It is a gift, not earned. This through the redemption, liberation procured by the payment of a ransom. Who paid the ransom? Jesus Christ. How is this so?

Rom 3:25  whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 

Jesus paid the ransom; Jesus who God put forward as a propitiation, the removing of guilt of sin by being the atonement for sins by the shedding of his blood. The removing of guilt is ours through faith in Jesus as our sin offering. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance, his tolerance, he had passed over former sins. 

Rom 3:26  It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 

Through faith in the shed blood of Jesus, God can be acting in righteousness and justice by declaring us free of guilt because we have faith in Jesus. 

The fact that Jesus went to the cross as payment for our sins is magnified by his being resurrected on the third day. He saves us from sin and he gives us eternal life with God, the Father and all who believe in Jesus. We become the spiritual Bride of Christ and take on his name as the adopted children of God and fellow heirs with Jesus. Billy Graham would always call sinners to be saved.

Pray now: I know that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins.  I believe that Jesus died for our sins and I ask him to forgive my sins and come into my life. Thank you for forgiving me and giving me a new life. Amen.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 

Eph 2:9  not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 


No comments: