Friday, May 1, 2020

a lighter post

Psa 16:11  You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. 

I like to start my day with good news from the Bible. This morning I turned on a Christian station live broadcast and it was world news. It was not good news. It was about a biological war and drug war with China. Ugh, I turned away from that to a preacher and heard the story of the good Samaritan. The important thought was that the Samaritan had a loving heart and did not judge the man in need, instead he took care of him. We care for each other, but must stay our distance apart. Prayers have no physical restraints.

I use a Roku device to get computer sites, TV programs and movies. Watching scenes of people casually hanging out, hugging, shaking hands, sitting in buildings in large groups
is like watching a distant time in the past. We didn't know it but we were in the good ol days. I miss our Thursday Breakfast prayer group meetings in a local restaurant. It must be harder for those living alone, no one to blame? (haha) We are not supposed to go to the ocean. I think the fresh air and sunlight would do us good. Last Sunday my daughter and I went for a drive to the lake. A lot of cars were parked above the lake and we saw young girls (snowflakes) in their bikinis melting in the sun as they were getting an early tan. There were people fishing and boating here in Northern California. As the old ballad goes, "No, no, they can't take that away from me." Yes, I miss playing my horn in the bands too.

My daughter shared that the library pays the over 60 employees to stay home. Maybe I can work at the library? Pleased to be around at 80, not getting paid to stay home, but I did receive the stimulus check. One commentator was saying that the retired people might need to return to doing what they used to do for employment. Now more than ever we need people who can do things. Have a blessed day. Lets not be without humor and a loving heart, We are a joyful people.





No comments: