Sunday, April 2, 2017

VINEGAR


Psa 69:21  They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
 
This verse was fulfilled on the hill of Calvary.
 
Mat 27:34  They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
Mat 27:35  And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.
 
 
They offered Jesus vinegar mixed with gall a bitter drug before they crucified him. They offered him vinegar again without gall just before he gave up his spirit.  He was offered first bitterness and refused it, then later the vinegar alone was offered to him and he did drink of it.
 
Joh 19:28  After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
Joh 19:29  Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
Joh 19:30  When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
 
 
Jesus in a human body suffered for us and took our sins in his body to the cross. He had no bitterness or guile for within him was the Living Water of the Holy Spirit.
 
Earlier at the feast of tabernacles Jesus offered the people Living Water.
 
Joh 7:37  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
 
 

Lord God may I not be full of bitterness, but allow your Living Waters to flow from my heart to others. In Jesus name, amen.


No comments: