Saturday, April 8, 2017

Full of Light



Luk 11:33  No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
Luk 11:34  The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
Luk 11:35  Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
Luk 11:36  If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.
 
Meditate on this verse; I love to see God's word and to bring it into my heart and yet I know also that satan would bring his demons into darkness, any darkness that I harbor in my  mind and soul. The Holy Spirit is greater than the spirits that inhabit the darkness."This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine", a child's song and a song for an innocent heart. Lord, help me to keep my heart in your light. My eyes love your beauty in creation, in your word. The world has perplexing news and darkness, but greater are you than the world. Help me to be the light and a friend to those in need.
 

We have two eyes and the light of the body are the eyes, when the eye is single, focused together on the light of God, then the whole body, soul and spirit are in the light. Beware of the wayward eye. Our vision determines our future. Have eyes of hope, spiritual vision to direct you. Lord give me your light and the ability to bring your light out to others. I love this hymn; " Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace."  Lord, in the midst of darkness I cry out the name of JESUS. You will be my light and my deliverer, you are always with me. My eternal dwelling place is with you, you are my light.



No comments: