Sunday, June 14, 2015

An old friend


Rom 12:14  Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
Rom 12:15  Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
Rom 12:16  Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Rom 12:17  Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Rom 12:18  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

I had a phone call from an old friend, my age, that I had not seen or heard from in fifty years. I remember him as being into Hi-Fi. He built a sound amplifier and had a big speaker in his closet. I loaned him a record of Benny Goodman's orchestra playing "Sing sing sing". He never returned it. Funny thing is he mentioned that he wanted to get a copy of this swing music, but could not find one. Yes, I had forgiven him for taking my copy. We talked of kids and grand kids. It was good to talk to an old friend after all these years and yes the least slight can be remembered for all those years. We may remember past slights and problems but we do not hold them against the person. Live peaceably with all people as much as is possible, forgive and let live. Love is greater than hate, or jealousy or anger. Put these aside and be a child of the Most High God.
 


No comments: