Sunday, June 29, 2014

What God requires that we do



The LORD allowed me to be 75 this morning and I am playing with the Shasta Brass at the First Christian church. They have beautiful flowers around that church, including the illustration above. I didn't sleep too well last night but God is faithful and so must we be; not having  faith in our flesh but more in his presence to make us overcome the flesh. So much in the world is vanity, even negative thinking is vanity. We give God the glory. A verse stands out this week:

Mic 6:6  Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
Mic 6:7  Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
Mic 6:8  He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

God requires that we : do justly, do what is right, to love mercy; mercy is important. We all have opinions, past hurts, people who are not pleasant to be around, but we are to love mercy and do what is right. We are to walk humbly before God, because we still do sin and are not perfect. A just God punishes sin, so we stay close to Jesus who has covered us with his blood atonement for sins. God is not angry with us now, as we are in His beloved son. We are to walk humbly with the LORD. With him, not apart from him, as the hymn says: "Just a closer walk with thee." Something else is required of us; our love for God and others. Jesus found one thing lacking in the church at Ephesus. They had left their first love. God is our first love, his son we love and we shall see him at his soon return. Time is running out, but he will be right on time.

Rev 2:2  I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
Rev 2:3  And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Rev 2:4  Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev 2:5  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
 


No comments: