Sunday, June 1, 2014

Questions about the unforgivable sin


Gary, I Have some questions about this...(Unforgivable sin)
There are two Scriptures that I wonder about, are the sins described the unforgivable sin?

They are Hebrews 6:4-6  and  Heb.10:26.  


Heb 6:4  For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

By their fruit you will know them.

Heb 6:7  For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
Heb 6:8  But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
Heb 6:9  But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

I have seen people who said that they were once Christians, but they no longer believe in this. Most refuse to return. It is a dangerous thing to choose to fall away. Some people I have met on the Internet are always being saved, by several different people,over and over again. Were they ever truly saved? Or had they tasted a little of it and rejected it?

I myself was healed by God, saved miraculously, but after a heartbreaking divorce, I left the faith, yes even at times in my bitterness renouncing Jesus. But after 8 years, I returned and got into the word and never strayed again. I know that he was with me even as I was backslidden, because I could do things that I could not do before salvation. Yes, you can deny Jesus, but not from start to finish, for then you are denying the power and wooing of God through the Holy Spirit. My oldest brother was saved and Baptized but died having not attended church for many years, but he never denied Christ. I am hoping that he is saved with Jesus. Once saved always saved.


Mar 3:28  Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar 3:29  But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

You may speak against Jesus, and repent and still be saved. But those who say the work of Jesus was of satan, they deny him and the way we come to him by the power of God through faith. I see hope for every living person. We pray and witness, for God is able to save, but some are too proud and stubborn.

Heb 10:26  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

We are not to condemn anyone, that is the LORD's job. Again, by their fruits you know them. Salvation is not to be taken lightly.


Heb 10:31  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Our work is always to seek to restore people to God, not to condemn them. But we must warn them as well. It isn't a world of self esteem, but a world full of sin needing Jesus.


Finally, isn't it true that all sins are forgiven, past, present and future,  once we come to Christ Jesus?   Or is denying Jesus and going back to the world of unbelief, even for a short time, the unforgivable sin?  I have never denied HIM and know that HE changed my life when I first came to Jesus, but we all sin, even after receiving Jesus -- in thought, word, or deed, true?

All have sinned, and probably most have denied Christ Jesus, yes even after salvation. It is the devil's work to get us to deny Christ and to kill us. We must not allow this. I still believe that once we are truly saved that he continues to save us. Why tempt God by disobedience? Little by little we are to be more and more like him.


Luk 9:23  And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

2Ti 2:13  If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Good questions  and I do not pretend to have all the answers. Jesus we seek, for he has all wisdom and will show us the secret things.

No comments: