Thursday, June 5, 2014

Path to success


Psa 127:1 .... Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. 

When we wish to go forward, first we pray for the LORD's blessings. If a door closes, it is of the LORD. We must discern if we are to continue in a path that has obstacles in the way. The LORD can overcome all obstacles, if we are walking with faith in him and led by his Spirit. If we know that we are in the will of God, then we continue. The world opposes the things of God, but we overcome the world.

1Jn 5:4  For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 

Sometimes those we respect , even those in the church will ignore or have little interest in what we do. Is it of the LORD? Does he want you to continue? Look to Jesus, He is your commander. I remember when I started my Photography business, it was a step of faith. The LORD had to bless it or I would fail. My mother thought I was wrong to quit my job as a cabinet maker. However after years of continuing, she thought it was good. We often must let go of something in order to follow the path God has for us. This requires faith and the assurance that it is the right way. I had come to the time when my mind was on two paths; to continue where security was in a job I wanted to leave. Or a path where my heart was leading me. This was not a flippant idea, it was something  I had been preparing for. Often a new path requires preparation, in skills and in finances. I had to make a choice and I knew I needed God to make a change.

Jas 4:6  But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." 
Jas 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 
Jas 4:8  Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 
Jas 4:9  Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 

Jas 4:10  Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. 

Any positive path must begin by faith in God and his provision. Is God your help? or are you doing your own will and hoping that God will not interfere with you? He gives you the desires of your heart, if your heart is seeking him first.



No comments: