Monday, April 22, 2013

Persistent prayer


Luke 18:1  And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Luke 18:2  Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
Luke 18:3  And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
Luke 18:4  And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
Luke 18:5  Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
Luke 18:6  And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
Luke 18:7  And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luke 18:8  I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

He is coming for the people of faith. Faith and prayer, belief and communion. The walk of faith cannot be done in the natural, we need God's help. Prayer is connection and power from God to do his will. Faith comes by hearing and hearing God's word. How many meetings have we attended about learning the things of God? I used to go to business seminars, but after a while I thought, why do this if I don't apply what I learn? Faith requires prayer to be  effective. If God has laid something on our hearts, continue to pray to him until you get a breakthrough. He answers and we obey giving him thanksgiving and praise.We are always to pray, to share our thoughts and life with God the Father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.