Saturday, April 6, 2013

Martha and Mary



Luke 10:38 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a village where a woman named Martha welcomed them into her home.
39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord's feet, listening to what he taught.
40 But Martha was worrying over the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me."
41 But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are so upset over all these details!
42 There is really only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it -- and I won't take it away from her." (NLT)

We can see Martha's viewpoint, needing help preparing a big dinner. Jesus commended Mary who was sitting at his feet. Remember this when worried about details and concerned about something coming. Fix your mind on Jesus; hear him. Put your cares in his hands. His peace will be with you in the task. Give Jesus the glory.

1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.


Do not be worried about failure. Do it as unto Jesus, he is your helper too. Take my concerns, I receive your peace. Thank you Jesus for coming along side and sharing my concerns.

No comments: