Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ask, seek, knock




I was not happy in the work I was doing, and was making plans for beginning my own business. I knew I could not succeed on my own, it was a step of faith and I needed God's help. I had been away from the Lord for a number of years, but he had not left me, so one February day in 1977 after making plans I decided to begin a new business and also came back to the Lord in a Bible believing church. I had been the only one in my family to go through college but I had ended up in a barren place. When I came back to Jesus I rededicated my life to him and began to grow in his truth. I was free at last. I had asked him for help, I sought him, knocked on the door of a church and began a new life and business. I also had a new wife and son, a blessed man indeed.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luke 11:10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

God knows our heart, yet he wants us to ask him for our needs and desires. This is faith in action. We ask, believing he will answer. We seek, we look, to him to where the answer may be coming from. Thirdly we knock on the door of opportunity, to see if it will open to us, just as he knocks on the door of our heart seeking to come in and to be our Lord and helper. There are many applications to these three action steps but God is the supplier, the opportunity maker.

Apply these to finding work. Ask God, seek direction from job sources and then knock to see if their is an opportunity for you. God opens doors for us but we need to be actively involved as well. Passive prayer with a passive attitude does not make an opportunity.

Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. 


Pray by the Holy Spirit in the will of God.


Luk 13:23  Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 
Luk 13:24  Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 
Luk 13:25  When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 

Pray in the Spirit and Jesus will be your helper and Lord giving you access to the throne of the Father. You can't get there on your own. Ask, seek and knock. I still am a blessed man because He is faithful.

No comments: