Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Threefold Judgment


Eze 13:4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts. 
Eze 13:5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

A fox is out doing it's own thing not concerned about others. The prophets were to be the watchmen warning the people, so that they may repair the breech in the wall, their protection. The LORD was their protection.

Eze 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Psa 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

We must trust the LORD to be our protection.

Eze 13:6 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.
Eze 13:7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?
Eze 13:8 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 13:9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.

A threefold judgment of the LORD who was against them because of their false prophecies. They were saying that God spoke the things they were saying, making them false witnesses, saying things that the LORD did not say.

1. His hand shall be on the false prophets, they shall be removed from the assembly of His people. Separated from the sheepfold.

2. Their names would be removed from the historical records. Even worse, their names would be removed from the Book of Life.

3. They shall not enter the land of Israel. They shall not enter into God's kingdom. The LORD was seriously offended by these false prophets. We had better not take this lightly.

1Co 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1Co 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Let us put away our fair speeches and fear God. We shall not speak false words in his name. Grace does not cover false prophets. Salvation brings the Spirit of Truth given to those who are redeemed. Put off the old man and put on the new man who has the mind of Christ.

No comments: