Wednesday, May 2, 2012

See This


The people could not hear or see the message of God, so the LORD has Ezekiel to do something as a visual aid, to make them curious. You have to get their attention, before they will see and hear.

Eze 12:3 Therefore, thou son of man, prepare thee stuff for removing, and remove by day in their sight; and thou shalt remove from thy place to another place in their sight: it may be they will consider, though they be a rebellious house.


He was to get his stuff together, things to carry to a new place. He was not in Jerusalem in body, but in the vision he was. I suppose these things were to illustrate to those with him in captivity what was coming upon Jerusalem.
You know we in America have so much stuff that many have to make storage space for it all. What would you take with you if you were forced to leave to another land and could take only what you could carry with you?

Eze 12:4 Then shalt thou bring forth thy stuff by day in their sight, as stuff for removing: and thou shalt go forth at even in their sight, as they that go forth into captivity.
Eze 12:5 Dig thou through the wall in their sight, and carry out thereby.
Eze 12:6 In their sight shalt thou bear it upon thy shoulders, and carry it forth in the twilight: thou shalt cover thy face, that thou see not the ground: for I have set thee for a sign unto the house of Israel.
Eze 12:7 And I did so as I was commanded: I brought forth my stuff by day, as stuff for captivity, and in the even I digged through the wall with mine hand; I brought it forth in the twilight, and I bare it upon my shoulder in their sight.
Eze 12:8 And in the morning came the word of the LORD unto me, saying,
Eze 12:9 Son of man, hath not the house of Israel, the rebellious house, said unto thee, What doest thou?
Eze 12:10 Say thou unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; This burden concerneth the prince in Jerusalem, and all the house of Israel that are among them.

burden, massa' - load bearing or in another use, oracle of God. The word has two meanings. In Jer 23:33 it is used as an oracle.

Eze 12:11 Say, I am your sign: like as I have done, so shall it be done unto them: they shall remove and go into captivity.
Eze 12:12 And the prince that is among them shall bear upon his shoulder in the twilight, and shall go forth: they shall dig through the wall to carry out thereby: he shall cover his face, that he see not the ground with his eyes.
Eze 12:13 My net also will I spread upon him, and he shall be taken in my snare: and I will bring him to Babylon to the land of the Chaldeans; yet shall he not see it, though he shall die there.
Eze 12:14 And I will scatter toward every wind all that are about him to help him, and all his bands; and I will draw out the sword after them.

The "prince", Zedekiah

"yet shall he not see it, though he shall die there." Zedekiah would be blinded and taken inro captivity.

Why did the LORD give this illustration about what was coming to Jerusalem to the prophet who was already in exile among the Chaldeans? I suppose the word would get back to Jerusalem, Also, the LORD wants all future generations to see how he warned the rebellious and what would happen to them if they did not repent. It could happen to us, that we could be taken captive by an invader and carried off. Or perhaps the invader would come through the political system? The question is, who and what do we trust? Do we trust the LORD above all others? Will those around us be rebels, letting every foreign god in the nation to the point that they are no longer a nation trusting in God? A rebel rejects the true God and the LORD cannot be replaced. Choices are made and then the results follow. Speak the truth, show them the true word of God. We shall follow God and reap eternal blessings, a rebel will loose out.

No comments: