Monday, March 7, 2011

Yoked Together

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

If we are carrying a heavy load of guilt, of sin, of worries about finances and things that are coming there is a place of rest from your burdens. Jesus is your rest. He is rest for your troubled soul and he is your spiritual peace. Jesus brings us to peace with God.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

In biblical times oxen were yoked together with a heavy wooden yoke. Hear this; Jesus desires that we be yoked together with him who is the gentle and loving mighty Son of God. Jesus is meek and lowly in heart, he has great power but it is under control; his love brings comfort to you. As you walk yoked together with him giving him your heavy burdens, your soul will be free. Your spirit will be made alive to hear all that God has to say to you, being yoked to the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and the Living Word we walk with him as he leads us to share the good news of eternal life through Jesus Christ. His Spirit abides with you forever for Jesus is the way to eternal life in heaven. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


No comments: