Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LORD Be Magnified

Psa 40:16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

There is a trend in our nation to teach self esteem and to ignore personal sin and I think in some part it is also in the church. We list all the ways we are blessed and how we are over comers and that is good for a Christian, because God through Jesus has exalted us to be children of God, but do we give our LORD as much praise as we give ourselves? I find that the closer I come to the Lord that I am more aware of my old nature and the utter lack of worth apart from Jesus.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

That which is good and worthy in us is God. The LORD be magnified, yes LORD you are worthy. Let us praise him for his grace and mercies and his goodness to us. One way to magnify him is through a song and with thanksgiving.

Psa 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Psa 70:4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.

The word of God is backed up by the authority of God. Some say that it is only words in a book. The LORD magnifies his word above his name.

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Jesus is to be magnified too.

Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Luke 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Luke 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
John 12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Lift up the name of Jesus, magnify him with all your being for he is worthy of all honor and praise.

No comments: