Saturday, March 21, 2009

Messiah's Example

Isa 50:1 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

The LORD answers the tribe of Judah, who questions his love and care for them. You think I have left you? Show me the divorce papers? I have not left you; you have left me and gone into sin. You sold yourself to your evil desires and for your transgressions you were separated from me. Your predicament was of your own doing.

We hear today people accusing God of not caring that babies are starving or that people are raped and hurt. This is not the LORD'S doing, it is the result of sin. If the LORD were a loving God, he would not allow these things? Stop blaming God for evil, he may correct and judge, but always in righteousness. The world is evil. People are evil to other people and selfish . If the people of the world were all seeking God and following him, these needs that they blame God for, would be taken care of by their love, one to another.

Isa 50:2 Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.
Isa 50:3 I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering.

When I made myself available to you, no one was calling to me, no one was interceding. You were all involved in sin and idolatry. I could have delivered you, for I have all power. I could speak and dry up the sea, or the rivers. I cloth the heavens with darkness; with storm clouds, perhaps as when the Lord was crucified.

Luke 23:44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
Luke 23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
Luke 23:47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.

Isa 50:4 The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

We give out the word, but we also must receive from the LORD.

2 Th 3:13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

Jesus knew what to say to the weary.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Isa 50:5 The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.

Jesus now speaks through Isaiah; The LORD God has given me the tongue of the learned, wisdom from above, to speak a word in season to the weary. Jesus each morning prayed to the Father and received new wisdom from him. He had ears to hear, and the LORD told him much, for he was not rebellious or a backslider like so many are. He was faithful, even to the cross.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Isa 50:6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

To those who say that Jesus had no beard, this is proof that he did. They plucked the hair from his cheeks and spit on him. This not only was painful, but spitting is a deep insult. He was whipped to bleed for our sins, and hung on a cruel cross.

1 Pet 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Mat 27:30 And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
Mat 27:31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.

Isa 50:7 For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

He ignored the terrible treatment and set his face like a flint, to fulfill his work. "I know that I shall not be ashamed."

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

People blame God for all the sin and suffering, but God himself suffered and was terribly abused by sinners. He did this to overcome sin and the devil. Instead of people complaining that God has not done enough, they should look at the cross, where the sinless son of God obeyed his father, even to death, to save us from our sins. Evil will be in this world, the question is, what have you done about it. Are your sins forgiven in Christ Jesus? Have you suffered even to shedding of your blood for sins? We have no right to complain to God if we do nothing about our own sins. Jesus is the only way to be forgiven by God.

Isa 50:8 He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.
Isa 50:9 Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

1 Pet 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
1 Pet 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Humans are mortal beings. Sin is in the world and we can do something about our own sin; come to Jesus. This body will go back to dust, but the soul continues; in everlasting torment, if the sins remain, or in eternal peace with Jesus, who forgives our sin.

Isa 50:10 Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.

You say you trust the Lord and believe in him, but you walk in darkness. Trust in Jesus and stay true to God. The world is in gross darkness, but we do not have to be like them.

2 Cor 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Isa 50:11 Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Job 5:7 Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
Job 5:8 I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause:

Lighting your own fires and your own schemes is meant here; perhaps dancing to another god. Making your own way and being your own god. Those stirring up trouble or strife starting fires with their tongues. God will not bless this.

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
James 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

We need to watch what we say. We are not to blame God for the evil in the world. Sin brought the evil. The devil using the sinful will of people who will not obey God. Jesus came, the son of God, to overcome sin on the cross. Have we done as much? Come to Jesus, then follow him being his light. Each one can reach one and the world will be a better place. Amen

No comments: