Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cyrus - Isaiah 45

Isa 45:1 Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;
Isa 45:2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

The LORD will give his anointing to a pagan king; Cyrus. He used Nebuchadnezzar to take Israel captive and he would use this king to subdue all the nations and to allow Israel to return to their land and rebuild. We look at this as history, for all this happened. We must realize that this is prophecy; God speaking what will come about. The man Cyrus was known before his birth, some 125-200 years in the future. This gives credibility to God also knowing us by name, before we were born.

1 Pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

We are the elect of God, according to the foreknowledge of God. He knew us before we came to him.

I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

Cyrus and his army diverted the Euphrates river that surrounded the walls of Babylon and the inner gate was left unlocked. They marched in through the water canal inside the walls while King Belshazzar of Babylon was having a drunken party.


Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

He will "make the crooked places straight" for Cyrus, his anointed. This is what was said of the ministry of John the Baptist who came before Jesus.

Mark 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mark 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Will he not make our way straight to fulfill the calling he has on our life? We are the anointed of the LORD, will we refuse to walk in the way he has prepared for us? If God is in it, it will come to pass. Our work is to get in the way he has prepared for us.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Isa 45:3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

He would be made rich with the things that were stolen from the nations and hidden in secret places. This too was of the LORD, to prove that the LORD alone is God, who knows the future.

Isa 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

The LORD gives to us His new name and a holy calling.

Isa 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
Isa 62:3 Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

These prophesies were to prove to Israel, and to all the nations from east to west, that their gods were nothing and that the God of Israel is the one true God. The prophesies were unique, because they came to pass, word for word. He is the LORD of creation.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

He formed the light...

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

He makes peace and he brings evil or calamity upon the idol worshippers. I prefer the peace of God.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

If trouble comes to us from God, it is to correct or to chasten us. Trouble also comes to God's enemies, for they reap what they sow. God is perfect and just. Those who speak evil of God, have evil hearts of unbelief. The Lord is long suffering, but their is a limit to his suffering.

He is not the author of evil; evil is never "original," but always a perversion of an existing good. Yet God is the allower of evil, and He uses it to accomplish His eternal purpose of bringing together all things in Jesus (Ephesians 3:8-11 and 1:9-10). If God could further His eternal purpose by allowing His Son to die a wicked, unjust death on a cross, then He knows how to use what He allows for His eternal purpose. (Guzik)

Isa 45:8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

There shall be showers of blessings. The LORD is good and gives good to His people and good to his enemies as well.

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Salvation is in Jesus. We receive his righteousness by faith. This is the goodness and grace of God.

Isa 45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

A potsherd, is an earthen vessel.

Job 2:8 And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes.

We are earthen vessels that need to cleanse ourselves for the Master's use.

2 Tim 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
2 Tim 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2 Tim 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Woe and very foolish are those who strive with their maker, the LORD GOD. Evolution taught as the way of all things, is striving with the maker. Substituting man for God, making man's thoughts above that of the Holy Bible; this is striving with your maker. We are clay in his hands, shall we tell him how things will be and were made?

Isa 45:10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

We mock the creator and our parents with foolish statements, such as; I wish I had never been born. You were born, so you better find your purpose. I suppose suicide is the ultimate selfish act. Do not listen to the voices of a devil. Hear and obey the LORD.

Isa 45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
Isa 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Listen to the LORD, the Holy one of Israel when He speaks. I am maker of Israel, ask me of things to come. I Am he that has made all that there is and I am a revealer of secret things.

Isa 45:13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

He will direct the ways of the announced deliverer; Cyrus and cause him to rebuild Jerusalem and release the people of God captive to a forced relocation. And Cyrus will do it not for price or reward, but out of a conviction from God that he must do it! (Ezra 1:1-3) (Guzik)

Isa 45:14 Thus saith the LORD, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God.

All the captive nations will see that Israel has the God who is the creator; the Almighty God. Those who are in bondage will see the spirit of God in us too.

Isa 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

God was hidden from them until now. They needed a preacher or a prophet to declare him.

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Or the unknown God, as Paul revealed him in Athens.

Acts 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Isa 45:16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
Isa 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

THE LORD is salvation to Israel and to those who trust in Jesus. Put away your dumb idols and come to the true God. All who trust in the LORD shall be saved.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
Isa 45:19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

He is not hidden and in darkness to His people. He openly declares His will to all who will hear. Some cannot or will not hear. They prefer to trust in things of darkness that appear to be a new way. They follow a false truth, an idol sometimes of their making, that they give their attention to.

Isa 45:20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
Isa 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Isa 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Put aside your dumb idols and come to me, the LORD. There is none else.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jesus spoke to Thomas, His disciple:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

There is none greater to swear by; His word is truth and righteousness.

Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Phil 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Phil 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Phil 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Isa 45:24 Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
Isa 45:25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Glorify the LORD all creation! The LORD God of Israel is the true God.

No comments: