Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Messiah

Isa 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

These are prophetic words from the Word of God, the Messiah Jesus. He is calling the nations of the ocean coastlines, to hear him. The LORD, father God, has called me from the womb; from within my mother has he mentioned my name; Jesus, born in the flesh, of a virgin. Micah spoke of the place of his coming:

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Isaiah had proclaimed earlier, that a virgin shall conceive:

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Immanuel: God with us. The Son of God will take on the shape of a man.

The angel Gabriel gave a name to Immanuel, before he was born:

Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Isa 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

The living word of God he spoke, was as a sharp sword. He spoke the truth and those of truth hear him and obey him.

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

The sword of truth divides those who want truth from those who want to live in the darkness of sins. All the world will be judged by his word.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

A polished shaft, like an arrow prepared to deliver a bulls eye; the exact will of the father. In the quiver for thirty years until the legal age under the law to be a priest.

I had a vision once, several times, of a bow being drawn, I was an arrow, waiting to be used for God's purpose. I believe each of us are as an arrow, to be used by God, sent to the target of his choice, the purpose he has planned for us.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jesus was sent to obey the will of the father; to show us God as a person in a human body and to be the way to God, through faith in his shed blood to remove our sins.

Isa 49:3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
Isa 49:4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.

Israel was to be the proclaimer of the word of God, they were to be his servants; but when Jesus came few received him; as a man he may have thought that his labor was in vain; yet he did the righteous truth of God. We sometimes think our labor is for no good result, but we do what God has required of us; his will be done.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

He was Jesus, savior, God with us.

Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Isa 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.
Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

The LORD has not forgotten Israel, though they rejected him, he will bring salvation to them. The LORD also had a greater purpose in his coming. He also would bring salvation to the Gentiles, for his message will go out to all nations. The church age is now, the gathering of the Gentiles, and then Israel shall be saved.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Luke 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
Luke 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luke 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Luke 2:28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luke 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
Luke 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Luke 2:31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
Luke 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

The Messiah is rejected by Israel

Isa 49:7 Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful , and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

It cannot be clearer, God is speaking, the LORD God, Father of the Messiah, the Redeemer of Israel and his Holy One: Messiah Jesus, the Son of God who would be despised by Israel, a servant of rulers, a man of meek humility, brought before the attention of kings, worshipped by princes, because of the LORD that is faithful who has chosen you, and to the Holy One of Israel the messiah who chooses you who trust in him.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Isa 49:8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;

When it was time for Jesus to go on the cross to make the way for our salvation, God the father heard him and helped him. When he died, he saw no corruption, his life was preserved and he was resurrected from the dead. His blood was shed for a new covenant of salvation by grace, through faith. Those without hope were given everlasting hope.

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Isa 49:9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.
Isa 49:10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

Jesus, the deliverer and shepherd of his sheep.

Isa 61:1 The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.He guides us by the living waters of his Holy Spirit.

Isa 49:11 And I will make all my mountains a way, and my highways shall be exalted.
Isa 49:12 Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim.

No matter where you are or what mountains you face, the way to the Lord is made strait for you. Just receive by faith and be delivered and set free. They will come from far away; north, west and the far east: Sinim, referring to China.

Isa 49:13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.

All who seek him in truth will be found. Sing and rejoice in heaven and in earth, for the Lord has comforted his people; Jew and Gentile and will have mercy on his afflicted. The LORD knows and cares. The redeemed are spiritual Zion, but what about the flesh people of Zion, the Jews?

Isa 49:14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Isa 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

God has not forgotten his covenant people, the Jews. Truth is, that they would foresake their Messiah. The LORD assures them that they are not forgotten as a nation. Behold the palms of my hands, this could be the hands deeply scarred be the nails upon the cross of Calvary. He died to bring them to salvation, by faith in his finished work. Thy walls are continually before me. Walls speak of protection, he will be their protection and provider if they will trust in him.

Some hide behind inner walls, because of past hurts. This is a heart condition. Jesus came to gently remove those walls, and to put up new walls surrounding your soul, of his salvation and grace,

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Isa 49:17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.

Make haste and return from captivity in Babylon. The LORD shall bring you back to the promise land, and in the future you will return and your destroyers shall be separated from you.

Isa 49:18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.

The Holy people of God come to Jerusalem, and are as ornaments upon the brides dress. Who is the bride? New Jerusalem is adorned as a bride for the Messiah and the body of believers are the bride of Christ.

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Isa 49:19 For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away.

Speaking to the returning Jews. Jerusalem that was once destroyed and wasted , the land of your destruction, where you were taken away. This land will be too narrow for the abundance of your people and the enemy will be far away.

Isa 49:20 The children which thou shalt have, after thou hast lost the other, shall say again in thine ears, The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell.
Isa 49:21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?

Although the Jews were few, the converts to Christ Jesus will be many, as new children of the Lord. Where do they come from? They come from the saved Gentiles of the nations.

Isa 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

Gentiles will come to Spiritual Zion, bringing the exiled sons and daughters of the Jews. This is repeated in Isaiah 60.

Isa 60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
Isa 60:4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
Isa 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

The abundance of seed promised to Abraham, shall come from all nations who trust in the light and truth of Messiah Jesus.

Isa 49:23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.

I think of the grateful woman of the street who washed the feet of Jesus with her tears and wiped them with her hair.

Luke 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.

All are equal at the feet of Jesus. James spoke of giving no favor to wealth or position in the church.

James 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
James 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
Mary, the birth mother of Jesus spoke prophetically:

Luke 1:52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
Luke 1:53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

Isa 49:24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?
Isa 49:25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.

The Lord is able to deliver the oppressed from the strong enemy.

Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Mat 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
Mat 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Isaiah continues with the description of the Messiah's work

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
Isa 61:4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
Isa 61:5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
Isa 61:6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

Isa 49:26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

The Lord protects his people and their enemies shall consume themselves.

Prov 22:12 The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.

The blessings and curses of the Abrahamic Covenant

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.The wicked destroy themselves. What they did to captured Judah will be multiplied back to them, without the provisions of the LORD.

In Messiah Jesus, shall all who trust in you, be blessed. Is the LORD God calling you? If so, respond to Jesus and fulfill your calling from God.

No comments: