Thursday, March 5, 2009

Israel My Glory

Isa 46:1 Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth, their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages were heavy loaden; they are a burden to the weary beast.

The images of the gods were being carried captive. They stooped and bowed down, for the LORD is greater than idols of men. Bel, was a chief Babylonian deity. Belshazzar, meant Bel protect the king.

Jer 51:44 And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed up: and the nations shall not flow together any more unto him: yea, the wall of Babylon shall fall.

Nebo, prophet; a Babylonian deity who presided over learning and letters; corresponds to Greek Hermes, Latin Mercury, and Egyptian Thoth

Nebuchadnezzar; may Nebo protect the throne.

Isa 46:2 They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity.

They were so heavy that the animals pulling the carriages also stooped under the burden of their weight, but the idols could not even deliver those who trusted in them, let alone themselves.

Heavy burdens

Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

1 Pet 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1 Pet 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

There is no God greater than the God of Israel. When the ark of the covenant, which contained his presence, was taken captive and placed before the statue of dagon, the god of Ashdod, it fell on it's face.

1 Sam 5:3 And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.
1 Sam 5:4 And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him.

At the presence of the LORD, even idols must bow.

Isa 46:3 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:Isa 46:4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Those of the house of Jacob, from birth into old age, I am your God. I will carry you and I will deliver you. This reminds me of the popular poem " Footprints in the sand" by Mary Stevenson.

Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me? The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you."

Isa 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Isa 46:5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

Only Jesus showed us the image of God, in a human.

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works'

Solomon glorified the LORD

1 Ki 8:22 And Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven:
1 Ki 8:23 And he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart:

Silly Idols of gold and silver cannot help you

Isa 46:6 They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.
Isa 46:7 They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.

It is only an idol, with no power to help anyone. Do you carry your god? Or does God carry you?

Isa 46:8 Remember this, and show yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Remember Israel your God; remember America your God. Return to the old ways of worshipping and honoring him. Make him the King of your nation, In God We Trust. Make it so again, and turn from your idolatry of images and of men with false promises and evil hearts. The LORD, I AM, there is none like him.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
Isa 46:11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

THE LORD tells the beginning and the end. He speaks prophecy and it comes to past. His word shall stand, for it is truth. He sends the nations to take you captive to chastise you, his rebellious people and he sends deliverance. Whatsoever he purposes shall come to pass.

Isa 46:12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:
Isa 46:13 I bring near my righteousness: it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Listen, you stubborn and rebellious people. I am righteous and will bring my good purpose to you, for salvation is coming soon. I will bring salvation to Israel my glory. If God sees Israel as his glory, the nation that is to show his glory, then we should show respect to Israel. The LORD is in control, we should remember this and pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

No comments: