Saturday, April 2, 2022

Your gift

I had a tooth break off. It was the last of my grinders that I could chew with in my aging teeth. It was a Saturday so I left a message with my regular dentist. Monday morning I called and the receptionist said that there was something wrong with her computer and she would call me back. A week passed and no call, I was brushed off?  I called another dentist that I had been to.  A lot of dentists will not pull a tooth and they send you to an oral surgeon. I was wondering if the regular dentist would do the work.  I made the appointment and he got it removed skillfully in short order. I respect that dentist for his skill and willingness to do the difficult procedure. He did not make a promise that he would not keep.


Pro 18:16  A man's gift makes room for him and brings him before the great. 


The proverb speaks of a person who is skilled at his work.  The quality of the work can bring you before important people and those who are important to God are the needy.  


Mat 25:40  And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ 


If we have a gift we should be faithful to God. In this way he will open doors of opportunity. 


Col 3:23  Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 

Col 3:24  knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. 

Col 3:25  For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality. 


A final important message is that we cannot please God with our sins not forgiven. We all have sinned. Jesus paid the price for our sins by dying on the cross. Receive forgiveness and a new life by saying you are sorry for your sins and giving your life to Jesus Christ forever more. 


Rom 10:9  If you openly say, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from death, you will be saved. 

Rom 10:10  Yes, we believe in Jesus deep in our hearts, and so we are made right with God. And we openly say that we believe in him, and so we are saved. 

Rom 10:11  Yes, the Scriptures say, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be disappointed.





No comments: