Sunday, April 17, 2022

Sing Together

Sing to the Lord a new song from the heart. Let it be full of joy and praise. When with others, a new song should be from the heart and in harmony and in truth. A new song that no one knows is not something shared together.


 Psa 33:2  Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. 

Psa 33:3  Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise. 

Psa 33:4  For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth. 

Psa 33:5  He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD. 


 I hear too many of the new songs with weak lyrics. Is it because I am of a different generation?  Many churches have abandoned the old familiar hymns that we know from our hearts. I spent a day copying the alto parts from the familiar hymns so that there would be harmony as we play together the saxophone, with trombone  and the piano. We play together the old familiar hymns in three retirement homes. The old folks know these sacred hymns and join in singing from the printed lyrics.  We were told not to preach, but the words of the old hymns come from the Bible. They preach to the hearing and from the hearts of the dear isolated people of God.  To some who never went to church, these hymns were as new songs, with life changing messages.


The Bible says in nine places to sing into the Lord a new song. It also says that we are to sing together. Sing together with new hearts these old songs too. In the senior retirement homes some respond with tears from hearing these precious hymns. Whatever we do should be as unto the Lord . Sing praises with spirit and truth and with grateful hearts full of love.


He Lives (hymn)


 I serve a risen Saviour; He's in the world today.

I know that He is living, whatever men may say.

I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,

And just the time I need Him He's always near.



Chorus:

He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today!

He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.

He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart!

You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.



In all the world around me I see His loving care,

And though my heart grows weary I never will despair.

I know that He is leading, thro' all the stormy blast;

The day of His appearing will come at last.


He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today!

He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.

He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart!

You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.



Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian! Lift up your voice and sing

Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ, the King!

The Hope of all who seek Him, the Help of all who find,

None other is so loving, so good and kind.



He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today!

He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.

He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart!

You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.






No comments: