Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Peace


One of the last talks with my mother as we walked in her garden, was a question.  "What is the Holy Spirit?"  I am not sure if I answered her question to her understanding. Here is something to consider about the Holy Spirit.  He is given to us after we receive Jesus as our Savior from our sins. He is the Spirit of truth and he is the presence of God with us bringing to us love, joy and peace. There are more spiritual fruit given in Galations 5:22,23.


Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 

Gal 5:23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 


The most comforting gift he gives to me is peace. We can have peace in all things that happen.


John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 


 1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 

1Co 2:10  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 

1Co 2:11  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 

1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 

1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 


I think that mom and pop had this peace. They are with Jesus now. Thank you Lord for their love shown to us all.


Peace Like a River



No comments: