Sunday, July 11, 2021

The Miracle at Nain



Luke 7:11  Soon afterward he went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a great crowd went with him. 

Luke 7:12  As he drew near to the gate of the town, behold, a man who had died was being carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow, and a considerable crowd from the town was with her. 

Luke 7:13  And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.” 

Luke 7:14  Then he came up and touched the bier, and the bearers stood still. And he said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.” 

Luke 7:15  And the dead man sat up and began to speak, and Jesus gave him to his mother. 

Luke 7:16  Fear seized them all, and they glorified God, saying, “A great prophet has arisen among us!” and “God has visited his people!” 

Luke 7:17  And this report about him spread through the whole of Judea and all the surrounding country.  


Jesus raised up three people from death. There was the widow's son at Nain, 


Luke 7:15  And the dead man sat up and began to speak, and Jesus gave him to his mother. 


Jarus's twelve year old daughter.


Mar 5:42  And immediately the girl got up and began walking (for she was twelve years of age), and they were immediately overcome with amazement. 


 and Lazarus of Bethany. 


John 11:44  And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go. 


Finally Jesus had power to raise himself from the grave.


John 10:17  For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 

John 10:18  No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” 


Jesus came in the form of a man to live a sinless life and to be our substitute sacrifice for sins. He gave his life to give us life and as the Son of God he proved that he had power over death by taking up his life again. Jesus lives and by faith in him we shall live with him eternally.


HE LIVES



No comments: