Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Lost and Found



I woke up this morning, did a few chores and then looked for my glasses. I had worn them in bed and forgot to take them off before sleeping. I found them under the bed. I thanked the Lord for showing me my lost glasses. This reminded me of the parable of the lost coin. 


Luke 15:8  “Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it? 

Luke 15:9  And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ 

Luke 15:10  Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” 


A parable is a story that illustrates a moral or spiritual truth.  The lost coin is a person lost in sin. When the light of God illuminates the truth to a sinner and he repents, then the angels rejoice. He joins with others who were saved from sin in the family of God. God is good and he wants what is good for us.  


The lost glasses could be a parable of finding the ability to see. If we see clearly then we can come to the light of God and become the person that God has created us to be. We no longer want to walk in the ways of evil but are made free by the new life that is in Jesus. It makes us feel good to know that God loves us. I heard a story of a little girl who said "when the devil knocks  at the door I let Jesus go to the door for me". Call on the name of Jesus and be saved from sin.


John 8:36  So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 


I'm So Glad, Jesus Lifted Me



No comments: