Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Hearing From God



Luke 5:4  And when he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” 

Luk 5:5  And Simon answered, “Master, we toiled all night and took nothing! But at your word I will let down the nets.” 

Luk 5:6  And when they had done this, they enclosed a large number of fish, and their nets were breaking. 


Jesus spoke to Simon who was a knowledgeable fisherman. He could have let pride get in the way, but when Jesus asked him to throw out the nets again, he obeyed and then he made a bountiful catch of fish. When we think we have exhausted all of our efforts a word from the Lord could be a break through for us.  The Lord wants us to put effort into what we do, but hearing from God is what is needed to be successful and blessed.


When we take shortcuts, do something illegal or cheat to get what we want, then we get fearful of losing it. An example is all the security fences, razor wire and national guard troops around the capitol, congress and the Supreme court. If they had have not cheated then their fear would not be so great. The devil is a thief, a destroyer of what is good. More and more we see the dividing of good from evil. Jesus did not teach that all will get along, he knew that truth would separate people, even families. The sword of truth will divide people.


Mat 10:34  “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 

Mat 10:35  For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 

Mat 10:36  And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. 

Mat 10:37  Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 

Mat 10:38  And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 

Mat 10:39  Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 


Eaglewings Ministries


No comments: