Thursday, February 25, 2021

A New Temple



When the Jews were allowed to return to Jerusalem, they were to restore the walls and to rebuild the temple. The temple of Solomon was glorious and the Ark of the Covenant was in it. A new temple of lesser glory was to be built and without the Ark of the Covenant that was the presence of God.  The finished temple was no where as grand in design as the temple that Solomon built. The LORD reassures the prophet Haggai that the Spirit of God had not left the remnant people of God.


Hag 2:3  ‘Who is left among you who saw this house in its former glory? How do you see it now? Is it not as nothing in your eyes? 


Ezra 3:12 But many of the priests and Levites and chief of the fathers, who were ancient men, that had seen the first house, when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes, wept with a loud voice; and many shouted aloud for joy:

Ezra 3:13 So that the people could not discern the noise of the shout of joy from the noise of the weeping of the people: for the people shouted with a loud shout, and the noise was heard afar off.


Hag 2:4  Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, declares the LORD. Be strong, O Joshua, son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the LORD. Work, for I am with you, declares the LORD of hosts, 

Hag 2:5  according to the covenant that I made with you when you came out of Egypt. My Spirit remains in your midst. Fear not. 

Hag 2:6  For thus says the LORD of hosts: Yet once more, in a little while, I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land. 

Hag 2:7  And I will shake all nations, so that the treasures of all nations shall come in, and I will fill this house with glory, says the LORD of hosts. 

Hag 2:8  The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, declares the LORD of hosts. 

Hag 2:9  The latter glory of this house shall be greater than the former, says the LORD of hosts. And in this place I will give peace, declares the LORD of hosts.’” 


Zec 4:6  Then he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts. 


The promised Messiah will come, Jesus the Christ came and his glory is greater than any temples made by hand. He would put his Holy Spirit in the hearts of the remnant, the saved of Israel and in the Christians from all the nations.


Eze 37:11  Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 

Eze 37:12  Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 

Eze 37:13  And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 

Eze 37:14  And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD. 


1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 


Yes, even the dead who had faith in the Messiah, they shall live again with him. Death cannot separate us from the presence of God, for we who trust in Jesus. the evidence of our salvation is the presence of the Holy Spirit. Whether dead or alive, his Spirit seals our souls unto God forever, amen.


Eaglewings Ministries


No comments: