Saturday, January 23, 2021

The Remnant



Zep 3:10  From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering. 

Zep 3:11  In that day shalt thou not be put to shame for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me; for then I will take away out of the midst of thee thy proudly exulting ones, and thou shalt no more be haughty in my holy mountain. 


The LORD always resists the proud. 


Pro 8:13  The fear of Jehovah is to hate evil: Pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, And the perverse mouth, do I hate. 


Zep 3:12  But I will leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall take refuge in the name of Jehovah. 


Mat 5:3  Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 

Mat 5:4  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. 


Zep 3:13  The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth; for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid. 


Isa 60:21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.


Psa 23:1  A Psalm of David. Jehovah is my shepherd; I shall not want. 

Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside still waters. 

Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: He guideth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. 

Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup runneth over. 

Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and lovingkindness shall follow me all the days of my life; And I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah for ever. 


This Psalm is often used at funerals, but it is for the living, the remnant who have faith in Jesus their shepherd. We should trust in him for he is our loving shepherd, the King of kings and eternal living God. In him I trust.


No comments: