Saturday, December 29, 2018

Burdens

After my wife died, a young widow in my church came to me and said" I know what you are going through". She was comforting me and helping me to bear the burden of losing my wife. She had suffered herself, so her words were more meaningful than some of the other comments that are not from the heart. She showed her love, fulfilling the "law of Christ" to love one another.

Gal 6:2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 

Gal 6:5  For every man shall bear his own burden. 

Having someone to encourage you is a blessing, but we still must bear our own burdens. They will not go away.  When problems and burdens come, be an encourager and be strengthened and above all trust the Lord through your difficulties. Keep going, for Jesus is on the other side.

I ask the Lord to encourage you, to strengthen you and to be in your midst comforting you with his healing presence. Lord may we pray for others who need help, for then we understand that you also will help us.



No comments: