Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Too humble or too proud?



Joh 16:22  And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. 
Joh 16:23  And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 
Joh 16:24  Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. 

We are to pray to God the Father in the name of Jesus. Sometimes I have trouble asking a person of authority for anything. Is this humility or pride? I think in our nation there is a lack of respect for authority. We like to be free, but when facing a judge we can be humbled. How many times are we offended by the performance of someone in authority. We may ask, "He does not care for my needs" and when we are forced to go to one in authority we may be fearful and humble. Criticism from a pew is easy, but what about praying for the one in authority? It is hard sometimes to submit to a rascal in authority. Can we do all in Jesus name with a clear conscience? Even Nehemiah overcame fear to approach his king at the prospect of being refused and killed. Because God was in Nehemiahs request, the king gave him authority to go rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.

LORD God, Father, I ask you in the name of Jesus for mercy, for health for my family.  I ask for your love to be poured out through us for others. I receive the promise of peace and Joy in the Lord Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: