Sunday, October 2, 2016

Clean Hands


Job 17:7  My eye has grown dim from vexation, and all my members are like a shadow. 
Job 17:8  The upright are appalled at this, and the innocent stirs himself up against the godless. 
Job 17:9  Yet the righteous holds to his way, and he who has clean hands grows stronger and stronger. 

Vexation; Annoyed, frustrated, exasperated or worried. Job says: "all my members are like a shadow". A shadow is only a symbol of something real.  Job is weak in himself, he has no confidence in his flesh and his counsellors annoy him. The "upright", the innocent stirs themselves against evil and injustice; the cause of the suffering.  The righteous keep going, those with "clean hands grows stronger and stronger"; hands not stained with innocent blood. A person by faith made clean by the blood of Jesus Christ our redeemer. His pure blood and life given for us so that we, by faith are forgiven from above and strengthened for our life here and now. By faith Job would speak of his redeemer.

Job 19:25  For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: 
Job 19:26  And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: 
Job 19:27  Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. 

Hold onto the hand of Jesus and his strength will be with you until you meet him in glory.







No comments: