Monday, October 3, 2016

I shall not be ashamed


Isa 50:4  The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned. 
Isa 50:5  The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back. 
Isa 50:6  I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting. 
Isa 50:7  For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. 
Isa 50:8  He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. 
Isa 50:9  Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up. 

The Messiah speaks wise words in season to those who are weary. Morning by morning the LORD speaks into his ear and he is not rebellious to what he hears. He is obedient, walking in the Father's light. 

Lam 3:22  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 
Lam 3:23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 

He gave his back to be whipped, they plucked the hair from his cheeks and he did not hide his face from shame and spitting. Why? because it was their shame and not his own. He came to take our shame upon himself to the cross so that we by faith in him may be free of shame and guilt. 


Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

The LORD God will help him, Jesus had a mission to accomplish and he set his face like a flint, cutting through the shame until that day he would quietly speak from the cross "it is finished."

John 19:30  When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. 

Jesus is risen from the grave and lives in his people so that we may say with him: "Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? "

Rom 8:31  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 
Rom 8:32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 
Rom 8:33  Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 
Rom 8:34  Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 
Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 
Rom 8:36  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 
Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 
Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 
Rom 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 


No comments: