Thursday, December 17, 2015

Too heavy a load

For many years I have been filling propane tanks at a local supplier, hauling it home and using a dolly to bring it to the back of the house where it is hooked up. There was a fire at the place that I go to fill my tanks so when I brought my tank to be filled this time, I had to bring it to the feet of the young man who fills the tanks. There was a new policy that they would not help move the tanks. He filled the tank handed my a receipt to know how much I was to pay the cashier, then he walked off. Always before I had help pushing the filled tank up into the pickup. It weighs about 200 lbs full. Well? I'm a man, even an old one, I will try to pull it up in the truck...no way, it is dead weight. There was a recycling place behind the store where two men were talking. I walked over to these strangers and asked if they would help me to load the propane tank in the truck?  Without hesitation they followed me back to the truck. Three strong arms easily pulled the heavy weight up into the truck. Taking it down from the truck I could do myself without help. It was so good to have helping hands when I needed them.

I was thinking about this in the body of Christ. Often people get upset because the church members do not help them with their burdens. My first response is did you ask for help? If a stranger will help, why not the members of the body of Christ? Often people give their prayers to another, or their needs upon another, but first they asked for help. Do not expect your burdens to be helped by others if you do not ask. We will have burdens and others can help us, but we also must bear some responsability for our own burdens.

Gal 6:2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 
Gal 6:3  For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 
Gal 6:4  But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 
Gal 6:5  For every man shall bear his own burden. 

Another time that we are to ask for help is in healings.

Jas 5:14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 
Jas 5:15  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 

God is glorified in this. How is he glorified if no one has faith in him? If God is hidden from you, it may be because of your unbelief. How are you to help someone who doesn't believe enough to ask for it?

John 12:36  While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them. 
John 12:37  But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 


John 16:23  And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 




No comments: