Thursday, March 1, 2012

A True Prophesy


Eze 5:14 Moreover I will make thee waste, and a reproach among the nations that are round about thee, in the sight of all that pass by.
Eze 5:15 So it shall be a reproach and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment unto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute judgments in thee in anger and in fury and in furious rebukes. I the LORD have spoken it. 

Jer 24:8 And as the evil figs, which cannot be eaten, they are so evil; surely thus saith the LORD, So will I give Zedekiah the king of Judah, and his princes, and the residue of Jerusalem, that remain in this land, and them that dwell in the land of Egypt:
Jer 24:9 And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.
Jer 24:10 And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, among them, till they be consumed from off the land that I gave unto them and to their fathers.

Eze 5:16 When I shall send upon them the evil arrows of famine, which shall be for their destruction, and which I will send to destroy you: and I will increase the famine upon you, and will break your staff of bread:
Eze 5:17 So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee; and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee; and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the LORD have spoken it.

Lev 26:21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.
Lev 26:22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.

Not all prophesies are to edify, but if from the LORD they are truth. Too often people claim to be prophets who say easy words to gain the favor of a listener. Jesus gave gifts to the church and prophecy was one of the five fold ministries.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

These ministries were to edify the church. Lying doesn't edify, truth edifies the church. Our Lord is not a liar. We can be built up in truth. We want to speak encouragement, but always we speak the truth. The Bible is for building us up in faith.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Getting back to the discouraging word of prophecy given by Ezekiel. He spoke the truth, to prepare his people for what was going to happen. When I was in the hospital I wanted to know what my chances were for survival . I did not want the doctor to lie to me to make me feel good with a false sense of well being. I wanted the truth. Our LORD is greater than anything that comes against us. If we turn to him in faith he will give us strength to get through what we face, and he may do a miracle so that we come out changed with new hope in our hearts.

Psa 86:11 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. 

No comments: